On this page:
Mail Handler settings determine the general properties of an email handler, including which emails the handler applies to, the expected format of the emails, and what to do if an error occurs. You configure these settings when creating a new handler or when editing an existing handler.
In JIRA, click the gear icon, and then click Applications.
Under Integrations, click SmartHandler, and then do one of the following:
- To create a new handler, click New Handler.
- To edit an existing handler, click the row in the list.
In the Handler Settings section, configure the following information.
|Name||Unique identifier for the handler.|
|Mail Server||Which email inbox to monitor. The list shows all the incoming mail servers you've configured on JIRA. To monitor a different mail server, click Add and then configure it in JIRA.|
|Email Parser Type|
Message format of the incoming email:
- Key-value pairs, for structured data. For example, data from a form or auto-generated emails from an integrated system.
- Regular expressions for free-form text.
Brief summary of what the handler does.
Click the Match Criteria section, and configure the rules that determine which emails this handler applies to.
- Click the In Case of Error section, and configure what to do if an error prevents the handler from being applied to an incoming email.
- (Optional) Click the Turn on Score Ranges or Activity Logs, and enable or disable the following additional features.
- Using Score Range—enable this feature to assign a weight to each potential action. When an incoming email matches the criteria for an action, the weight is added to the total score. You can then use the cumulative score to take additional actions, as desired. For more information, see Configuring Actions for Email.
- Show Activity Log—enable this feature to track how often the handler is applied to incoming email.